What do I receive for my membership?
You’ll receive regular updates via a biannual e-newsletter containing photographs, video links, articles and information about progress, developments and other news. You’ll also receive access to a members-only section of the Web site and a holiday voucher to the value of your membership so you can come and visit to see what we’re creating.
How can I redeem the holiday voucher component of my membership?
Contact LiPP Founder Paul Murray and let him know when you’d like to visit the project and how long you’d like to stay and he’ll tailor a holiday package for you to the value of your membership fee. Contact Paul Murray to arrange your tailor-made holiday: MyHoliday@LivingInPeace.com
Can I purchase a membership for a friend?
Absolutely, the memberships are 100% transferrable, so you can purchase them as gifts, pass them on to your friends or family, or come and have a holiday yourself.
Can I cancel my membership?
Yes, there is a 30 day “cooling off period” from the date of purchase. If you decide to cancel your membership within that timeframe, you’ll receive a full refund.
What’s the best time of year to visit?
Sunny Karamea has an excellent year-round climate. The most popular season for tourism is from the beginning of November to the end of May. Christmas, New Year and Easter are very busy times. Whitebait season is in October/November. Heaphy Track Mountain Biking is from May 1 to September 30. We have yoga and permaculture courses in the winter months. The timing of your visit is largely dependent on what you are interested in seeing and participating in.
What happens after three years?
You will receive an opportunity to renew your membership for another three years should you choose to continue being involved in the project.
How many members are there?
Membership will be limited to 1,000.
Do I need to book my holiday?
Yes, it is essential that you make a reservation to ensure accommodation availability in advance.
Other Important Information:
- Membership valid for three years from date of purchase.
- All prices listed are in New Zealand dollars NZ$
- All transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars NZ$
- Members contact information will absolutely not be shared, sold or be available to any other party.
- You will receive a bi-annual newsletter keeping you up to date on developments at the LiP Project, informing you of upcoming courses, workshops and tours and general information, news and photographs from the preceding six months.
- Money raised through the sale of LiP Project Memberships will be used to further develop LiP Project products, services and facilities so that you can enjoy them when you visit to redeem your holiday voucher.
- The LiP Project sets aside 10% of the membership fee to fund a scholarship for a student to attend the annual Permaculture Design Course offered by the LiP Project.